Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Springtime Aprons

https://www.etsy.com/listing/690412990/floral-calico-1944-calico-apron-ready-to?ref=shop_home_active_6 
Spring has finally arrived where I live. It is such a joy to see the first spring flowers bloom. Our crab apple tree is about ready to blossom, and our favorite springtime birds have returned after the long winter. Over the weekend Jemimah spotted our first Baltimore Oriole of the season, as well as the return of beef cows across the road. It is wonderful to see her delight in these signs of spring's return.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/690408136/blue-calico-1940s-calico-apron-ready-to?ref=related-7
The past few weeks have been busy with spring cleaning and garden preparations. Adam has increased the size of our garden and has plans of planting sweet corn this year.

I have also found time to sew some aprons for my Etsy page, Lilacs in Spring.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/704267533/green-floral-calico-1944-calico-apron?ref=shop_home_active_1
Yesterday I listed eight aprons and a few kitchen towels. The first apron shown in this post is sewn from a fabric that truly reflects the season! While sewing the apron I seemed to spot a different flower with each step of the sewing process. There are irises, roses, lily of the valley, daisies and more.
If you are looking for a new spring apron be sure to visit my page and take a peek at my new listings. I have some other aprons cut-out so hopefully I will be adding some other aprons in the next few weeks.

Are you enjoying beautiful springtime blooms where you live? What is your favorite?

"Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight." Psalm119:35




17 comments:

  1. My miniature roses are finally started to bloom. I think that's my favorite part of spring. Though I enjoy winter, waking up to cold temperatures and lighting the fire gets old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roses are one of my favorite flowers too. I agree having to tend the wood stove loose it's charm come April and May! : )

      Delete
  2. Lovely, Sarah! Those aprons are so cheerful and feminine -- perfect for Spring.

    We are experiencing a "brand new" Spring this year, after moving from coastal Virginia to high desert near the Sierra Nevadas. It's been quite exciting to watch the landscape come alive! I think many of the flowering plants here are not native -- such as the bridal wreath and lilacs outside our church, and the abundance of flowering pear trees. But we're enjoying them nonetheless! Our area is an Audubon "important bird area," surprisingly enough, and we are enjoying seeing new-to-us birds, as well as old familiar friends. I've never seen quail in the wild, and they're such funny little things!

    Enjoy this beautiful season!

    Cheers,
    Shannon


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon! Wow! How wonderful to live in an area with so many birds. Birds are definitely one of my favorite aspects of spring. We have a bridal wreath bush and a couple of lilacs at our home. It is neat to think they can grow in such a different climate.

      Sarah

      Delete
  3. DEAR SARAH: ME ALEGRO TANTO TANTO QUE HAYAS VUELTO A ESCRIBIR, HAN PASADO MAS DE 3 MESES DESDE LA ULTIMA VEZ QUE LEI ALGO TUYO, ME PREGUNTABA SI ESTARIAS ENFERMA O ALGUN PROBLEMA, SIEMPRE ME ACUERDO DE TI Y TU FAMILIA EN MIS ORACIONES. COMO SIEMPRE TUS CREACIONES SON HERMOSAS, ME ENCANTARIA COMPRARTE UN DELANTAL, PERO MI SITUACION ECONOMICA ES MUY MALA, ESTAMOS VIVIENDO UNA TERRIBLE RESECION AQUI EN ARGENTINA, ES UN DESASTRE TODO, OSOMOS 8 DE FAMILIA, CON 3 NIÑOS DISCAPACITADOS, NO HAY DINERO QUE ALCANCE, SOLO PODEMOS ALIMENTARNOS Y COMPRAR LO BASICO, NO HAY DINERO PARA MAS, Y A PARTE EL SERVICIO POSTAL TIENE PRECIOS EXORBITANTES QUE NO PUEDO AFRONTAR. ME ALIENTAN TUS PUBLICACIONES, TUS PROYECTOS DE COSTURA Y BORDADO SON MIS FAVORITOS, SIEMPRE LEO TUS PUBLICACIONES DE AÑOS ANTERIORES, SON UNA DELICIA. BENDICIONES QUERIDA AMIGA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. I pray that the Lord would bless, protect and provide for you and your family!

      Delete
  4. Your aprons are always so pretty! I am in love with all the fabric you use.....one of these days I am going to hire you as my personal fabric shopper. :) Have a wonderful day, friend!

    PS. Some happy mail is FINALLY on it's way to your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I will look forward to your letter. : )

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful dear Sarah!

    It's so nice to see a new post, they are always so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower; you have such a delightful blog! Since I also make aprons (and quilts), your aprons just drew me right in. I'm so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the prettiest aprons!
    We have some crocus blooming here, and a few little yellow flowers. They look like mini buttercups.
    Praying you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're buying a house. We close on Friday. The lady who lived there has planted many perennials. It's fun to watch what comes up as we wait.
    Be blessed.
    Glad you're back.
    Hugs to you.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous aprons! You always make the prettiest aprons, and I love how wearable these styles are. Beautiful work! I almost never take the time to comment, but I always enjoy your blog posts! :) Have a lovely Saturday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Have a blessed day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello dear Sarah...
    How good it is to stop by for a visit with you.
    Spring is a wonderful time of year, especially in the country! This year I will have the blessing of two springtimes - one in China and in S. Africa! I'm hoping I'll be able to plant a little garden this year!
    Hope you are well...blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so pretty. I plan to make myself an apron as well. I'm not sure if I'll use a pattern yet. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sarah,
    Firstly let me say I LOVE your blog and your Etsy shop. Your new button closure apron is wonderfull, it should be a hit for you. Like many ladies here i wear aprons constantly and having a comfortable apron that doesn't pull on the back of my neck is a must. For that reason I like aprons with cross ties at the back, but your back button apron should be most comfortable. Some time back you posted a "Wrap Around" apron, I have one ;) and wear it over my day apron if I plan on getting down and dirty, so to speak. :) Wrap aprons are truly usefull but hard to find new. Thanks for your blog. KIM

    ReplyDelete