Yarn Along and sharing my recent projects. Currently I am knitting a shawl using a simple pattern I have knit many time over the past several years. I don't remember the name of the pattern, it was a free pattern I picked up at Wal-Mart. Having knit this shawl so many times, I have memorized the pattern and have altered the design slightly. Shawls are always fun knitting projects: simple and relaxing!
At the present I am reading Jacob's Way by Gilbert Morris. I am thoroughly enjoying this book! Jacob's Way tells the story of a young Jewish woman and her grandfather. The year is 1870 and they must flee their home in Russia due to an attack by the pogrom. They travel by ship to America, and begin a new life in New York. I don't want to give away too much, but if you are curious to read a more detailed synopsis here is a link. If you enjoy historical fiction, this is definitely a book I would recommend.
Lacy Crochet blog. The doily above was made using a free pattern that can be found here. The doily below was made using this pattern. In the first picture you will see that I have begun another crochet project (the green cotton thread). I am crocheting coasters using this pattern.
Photography Phun tagged my blog with the Liebster Award. Here are her questions and my answers:
1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What state/country do you live in? I live in beautiful upstate New York.
3. What is your favorite thing about blogging? I love to being able to connect with so many like minded ladies! It has been a blessing to make so many sweet friends over the years through blogging.
4. Do you enjoy photography? I enjoy taking pictures, but I strictly use the automatic settings. My husband enjoys photography and actually has a few antique cameras he can use.
5. What type of music do you enjoy the most? I especially enjoy classical music and hymns.
6. Do you live in the country or the city? I live in the country, and always have. I couldn't imagine living away from the country!
7. What is your favorite season? Definitely springtime! : )
8. What is your favorite three movies? "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers", "Little Women" (1949) and "Rose Marie" (1936).
9. Do you enjoy sewing/craft projects? Yes! : )
10. What is your favorite things to do in your free time? I love to read a good book or work on knitting in my spare time.
11. Do you enjoy spending time in God's Word? Yes!!! Every morning I love reading God's Word. It gives me strength for the day ahead. I love how God can speak to us through His Word.
Thank you, Hadassah for tagging me and creating such a fun list of questions!
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17