Monday, March 14, 2016

Winter Knitting

Over the weekend I had a chance to photograph some of my recently completed knitted items. One of my favorite knitting projects over the winter was this bonnet for Jemimah. I was able to learn some new knitting techniques, such as knitting an i-cord and an attached i-cord. I was a little concerned about the attached i-cord, but after watching an instructional video on youtube I was able to easily finish off my bonnet.
The yarn I used was a blend of Merino wool and silk. It was definitely a pleasure to work with and I hope Jemimah will find it a joy to wear. : ) Here is a link to the pattern I used.
You may remember the heartwarmer I knit for Jemimah last fall. Well it was such a sweet little garment that I could not resist knitting another! This time I used a blend of alpaca and wool. I much preferred the outcome, as it has more stretch and drapes nicely when worn. It is super cozy and perfect for the spring evenings ahead.
         I was delighted to discover these buttons at JoAnn's, they compliment the yarn perfectly!
 Before Jemimah was born I knit a little pink sweater using this free pattern on-line. I loved the details that added just the perfect feminine touch to the design. Unfortunately the pattern was only available up to size 6 months. I decided I would try knitting the sweater with a larger needle size and thicker yarn, this resulted in a generous size 18 months! It is so thick and cozy knit from 100% wool.
 Last summer I found these Beatrix Potter buttons at a Mennonite fabric store. I thought they were the perfect finishing touch.
Around Christmas I knit a pair of little mitts for Jemimah to match her scarf. They have been so useful over the past couple months! The pattern was very quick and easy as there was no thumb. A link to the pattern can be found here.
 I also knitted two more shawls to my Etsy page. One in the ruffled style that I usually knit and one in a simpler style as shown in the picture above. I added a few new aprons, dish towels and vintage cook books too! : )

Currently I am spending more time in front of my sewing machine and less time knitting as I am busily working on new spring clothes for Jemimah. There are so many cute patterns for little girls that it is hard to decide which I should use!

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm126:3




14 comments:

  1. All your knitting is just beautiful!! I love the bonnet and heart warmer, and the Peter Rabbit buttons! I recently gave a Peter Rabbit shower for my daughter who is due on April 5th with a girl. She is doing her nursery in the original Peter Rabbit prints, which are not easy to find anymore. I love the little cardigan and the buttons are perfect! I've knitted that same pattern; it's such a cute little cardigan. I'm sure Jemimah will love them all. :-)
    Have a great week and God bless, ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a delightful pattern Sarah :0) I'm sure your little one looked adorable wearing it. Sewing spring clothes for little girls is so delightful...isn't it? Have a blessed week...mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! That green sweater is so lovely! I love all your projects are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello... My you have been busy! I just adore all the lovely thing you have created. You will so enjoy making your darling some summer outfits! Really those buttons on the sweater were perfect! Blessings to you all!
    Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I am in love with that bonnet! You have done such a beautiful job on Jemimah's clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Sarah,
    Ooooo! I was so delighted to come over and see all of your knitted lovelies! :-)
    (and the Beatrix Potter buttons just make that sweet sweater)!!!
    Enjoy a lovely spring weekend! Many Blessings, joy and warmth Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah...thank you for your kind comment on my blog! What darling items you have created here... I can only imagine what tedious work this must be with such small needles and stitches! These remind me of baby items that my MIL kept that belonged to my hubby when he was a tiny tot. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. You have a lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sarah, so nice of you to comment on my blog. Good to meet you! My latest knitting was a little pixie hat for our little lad. I haven't posted about it, but I'm super pleased with how it turned out. I have a few Beatrix Potter buttons like yours too, from my Grandma's stash. Still waiting for the perfect project to use them on. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sarah, I so enjoyed looking at all your beautiful hand created items. Your little darling must look adorable in all the precious items you have made for her.
    I admire those of you that are able to make beautiful creations.

    I want to thank you for visiting and leaving a beautiful comment for my dear Stephanie's birthday.
    I know her heart will be blessed by your visit and comment, just as my own heart has been.

    It was good to come for a visit and see your loveliness.
    Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Sarah, how I adore your beautifully knit items. You precious daughter must look adorable all the time with the pretty little clothes you make her.

    It's always a pleasure to pop in for a visit. Thank you for the delightful comments you leave on my blog. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, I came over from your comment at Stephanie's blog. How could I resist a blog called Lilacs and Springtime! You have just about inspired me to learn how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sarah! I just discovered your delightful blog! I noticed you followed my blog, and dropped in to see yours. Oh my goodness - I love it! Love all of the knitting you've been doing! I will definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you've been keeping busy quite a lot! I loved seeing pictures of your knitted items; I do mostly crocheting myself, but this post has renewed my interest in knitting. :) My only problem with knitting is how slow I work with it as compared to crocheting. But, I should pull out my knitting needles again sometime and give it another try. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete