Friday, August 14, 2015

Plum Jam

While shopping the other week I saw these beautiful sugar plums. I couldn't resist purchasing some for plum jam. Never before had I made or tasted plum jam, but I had seen some recipes for plum preserves and jam on Pinterest and felt inspired.
It was such a beautiful day I decided to pit the plums outside at the picnic table. When making plum jam you don't need to peel the plum, just pit them. Being outside definitely made it pleasant work.
And having such an adorable little companion while working made it an even greater joy! She just loves spending time outside. I had a hard time keeping her occupied on her little blanket. The flowers were far more interesting.
 I just loved the vibrant color of the pitted plums. It was hard not to eat too many. They were so sweet and delicious.
The jam is quite tasty too. It has been a treat to eat in plain yogurt or spread on an English muffin.

Have you made any jams this summer? What is your favorite jam to make or eat?

                                                 May you have a blessed day!

8 comments:

  1. I h ave not made or canned anything in the past few years due to health. When I did can my favorite jam I made was currant jam, it was the best jam i ever made. It also the hardest I ever made, getting all the little berries off those branches. Some times it really is well worth the work. Those plums look wonderful, your jam is going to be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only does this jam look delicious, but it's quite beautiful, my friend! I can almost taste its sweetness.... I have two plum trees, but I am not sure what kind of plums they are {they were here when we moved in}. I made some jam with them a couple of years ago and they were ever so tasty.

    Enjoy your weekend, dear Sarah! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous sugar plums...hmmm...plum jam is among my favourites! We made some quite a few years ago...the plums were very sour, so we actually had to remove the skins, but I prefer plum jam with skins!
    What a sweet helper you had...aww! Jemimah is such a darling and looks so happy sitting outside in her summery dress!
    Wishing you a delightful weekend further, dear Sarah!
    Hugs and love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made plum jam; however, after looking at your pictures I will try it. Your little one looks so sweet enjoying the world around her. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of sugar plums here in England, they look a beautiful deep red. We get Victoria plums & they are wonderful for making jam.
    Beautiful photo's once again.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plum jam is a beautiful "berry" color and your little companion on jam-making-day is soooo cute. My pen friend (of 20 years) mails me her jams (long distance) for Christmas each year. I always thoroughly enjoy them as I do not bottle fruit myself. Recently a house guest gave us a gift of her blueberry butter. I am in anticipation to try it. Jam makes a such pretty and useful gift - anytime of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sarah!!
    Oh those sugar plums look so delicious and red!!
    It was such a pleasure to meet you too! The time was so short
    and it seemed difficult to visit among much business! Wish we
    could have visited longer! Can't help but wonder how close we live
    to each other?
    Sending much warmth, Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed browsing through some of your posts here! Ever since I was quite young, I've loved trying out all the old-fashioned handcrafts--sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc., and noticed that it looks like you do much of the same! :) This plum jam looks so good. I didn't make any jam this year, but last year found some time to make a batch of blueberry jam, which we are still enjoying occasionally.

    ReplyDelete