Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Reading, Knitting, and Crocheting

Today I am joining the February Yarn Along. My current knitting project is a pair of socks for myself. I hope to finish the first sock today since I only have a few more rows to knit. I am using the same sock pattern I used to knit Adam's socks, but instead of knitting the wide rib stitch I am knitting the textured stitch used in this pattern.

My crocheting project is Spring Leaves Doily. It is a beautiful pattern; I love the delicate leafy design.
Currently I am reading The Treasure of the Secret Cove by Amy Le Feuvre. The Treasure of the Secret Cove is an exciting story from 1899, taking place in an English fishing community. From the first chapter I was drawn into the setting. It is truly an engaging tale, that has kept me up too late more than once. : )

"So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.  He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:6-8

11 comments:

  1. I loved the Lamplighter books we read when our kids were younger. Just a few, they were pricey, but very good.
    I have been knitting hats for me and for the chemo center. A couple of my nurses invited me to visit their Stitch Night with their friends at a local coffee shop. Oh, it was so nice to knit with ladies who had so much experience. They were making beautiful things. It was inspiring.
    Perhaps I'll join the Yarn Along again soon.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wool that you are using is a very attractive heathery colour. I am just knitting simple squares for a blanket to be made up for a charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful post, my friend. I have always enjoyed the Lamplighter books and have several on my bookshelf.

    Your purple yarn is ever so pretty and oh, how soft it looks! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely projects you are making, Sarah! I have not yet read a Lamplighter book - but I like that handsome cover.
    Currently I began listening to an audio version of the book entitled, "A Daily Rate" written by Grace Livingston Hill. Have you heard of this one?
    I am enjoying it very much while crocheting some dish cloths to replace my well-used ones. :-) ~ Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne,

      I would definitely recommend visiting the Lamplighter website. All of their books are beautifully bound. My favorite Lamplighter book is "The Hidden Hand".

      No, I have not read "A Daily Rate", but would love to! Where did you find the audio version? I have enjoyed listening to the audio versions of her books on Librovox, but did not see "A Daily Rate" listed there.

      Thank you! May you have a blessed day!

      Sarah

      Delete
    2. Hi Sarah,

      I found and purchased an audio download through iTunes and it is stored on my phone in ibooks.

      I will have to look into listening to others on Librivox and also look at the Lamplighter website for "The Hidden hand". :-)

      May you also have a blessed day!

      ~ Lynne

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I just finished "The Treasure of the Secret Cove" and would highly recommend it! : )

      Delete
  6. Wow!! doing two projects together!! both are beautiful..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your book recommendations! I was recently wanting to listen to an audio book on librivox.org. All recording on librivox are in the public domain. I running out of book titles to look up when I remembered your blog! I scooted on over to here a look through your posts that contain reading material. I have started listening to a book by Amy Le Feuvre. I am loving it! Thanks again! I may listen to an Grace Livingston Hill book next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just looking through this comment thread, and can see that you also use librivox! :)

    ReplyDelete