Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Savior of the World

I recently read this devotional by David Jeremiah from his daily devotional Greater Purpose.

The Savior of the World

And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger.
Luke 2:16

There's no one like Christ the Lord. He's the Savior of the world, the Lamb of God, the Wonderful Counselor, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

The Bible uses more than 300 names and titles to describe Him, but Jesus can no more be contained in His names and titles than the ocean can be bottled in a collection of containers, however beautiful. He is timeless and boundless, and His infinity extends through the universe into perpetual depths of forever-ness.

Charles Spurgeon confessed, "I know my words cannot honor Him according to His merits: I wish they could. Indeed, I grow less and less satisfied with my thoughts and language concerning Him. He is too glorious for my feeble language to describe Him. If I could speak with the tongues of men and of angels, I could not speak worthily of Him. If I could borrow all the harmonies of heaven, and enlist every harp and song of the glorified, yet were not the music sweet enough for His praises."

We've made Christmas into a complicated affair; but Jesus Himself, though incomprehensible, is as simple as a humble manger and as loving as an innocent Babe. Come with haste... and adore Him.
-David Jeremiah from Greater Purpose 


" Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, 'I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.'" John 8:12

May you all have a blessed Christmas celebrating the amazing gift of Jesus our Savior! 

1 comment: