Sunday, September 21, 2014

Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater

Recently I completed this little baby sweater.I found the pattern through Pinterest and was delighted to discover it was being offered for free! Here is a link to the pattern: Seamless Yoked Cardigan
The pattern was easy to follow and I really enjoyed the "seamless" design. I did however, have to do a little stitching under each arm, which I believe is normal for the raglan design.
I loved the decorative stitch pattern, and how easy it was to achieve! The yarn I used to knit this sweater was from Patons, their Beehive Baby Sport collection. Unfortunately the fiber content is acrylic and nylon (I had hoped to use natural yarns for baby clothes), but it was irresistibly soft, and pink! : )
A photo of the back. The sweater is knitted on straight needles from the top down. The sleeves stitches were saved out on stitch holders then worked with double pointed needles
Although the size I knitted was newborn, I think it will be too big for the first couple months. Better too big than too small though!
I found the buttons at a Mennonite fabric shop over the summer; they were made in Germany. First thing I saw these buttons I knew they would be perfect!


2 comments:

  1. The jersey is very nice and especially one notices that it is done by very much fondness. Your baby is going to be the most handsome with. An embrace. M. Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the sweater! All the details are just darling and the buttons are perfect and so special :)

    Thank you for linking up to the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week also!

    ReplyDelete