Monday, April 24, 2017

Chocolate Granola

Last month I shared that I had made homemade chocolate granola for the first time in this post. One of my sweet readers, Cheryl, requested that I share my recipe.

Chocolate Granola:

4 cups rolled oats
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup chopped pecans (or your choice of nuts)
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup cocoa
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar

Directions: Preheat oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit. Combine rolled oats, coconut, pecans, chia seeds and salt in one bowl. In a separate bowl combine cocoa, coconut oil, vanilla, honey and brown sugar. Then combine the rolled oats mixture with the cocoa mixture, mix well. Pour granola onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes then stir. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Allow to completely cool and do not stir granola until completely cooled.

I hope you will enjoy this recipe. It is perfect combined with homemade yogurt!

9 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,
    This looks delicious...and is very similar to a granola recipe that I make frequently...minus the chocolate!I love eating it with fresh blueberries!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks super yummy! I'll have to try this recipe out! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I'll have to give making granola a try now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really easy and delicious! Pinning to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...That looks yummy! I'm saving the recipe to try for later.

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Have a delightful week!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so wonderful. I want to make it as well. Thank you for sharing with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds just too delicious! I'll bet your husband loves you for it!
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sweet friend, this looks and sounds ever so delightful! Thank you for the wonderful recipe.

    And many thanks for the "I Need Thee Every Hour" hymn post. It was such a blessing to read.

    Love and hugs to you, dear Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! it looks so delicious!

    But why aren't you using some tool for generating recipe cards for your recipes?
    Here is a free one with nice features: http://www.recipesgenerator.com

    ReplyDelete