Sunday, September 1, 2013

Peach Pie


 One of my favorite things about the month of August is peaches! They are my second favorite fruit and pie, second only to blueberries.

Last week Adam and I purchased a basket of peaches. We enjoyed eating them with our meals, mixed with yogurt and for a weekend treat I pulled out my cookbook to bake up my favorite peach pie recipe.


 The recipe I use is very simple, but very tasty. You simply peel and slice your peaches ( you will need 4-5 cups of sliced peaches) add 1 cup sugar, 1/4 flour and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.


Once again I used the easy pie crust recipe my sister shared with me, but this time I had far better success rolling out my top crust. A fellow blogger suggested that I should roll out the crust between two layers of wax paper. I was so pleased with the outcome! Thank you Anne. : )


And the finished results!

Peach Pie Recipe:

4-5 cups slices peaches

1 cup sugar (brown or white work great, I use brown)

1/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix together and pour into pie crust. Top with crust or crumble topping.Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until crust is golden and filling bubbling.

***********************************************************************


Here is the revised recipe for when using canned peaches:

2 quart jars of canned peaches, drained

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix together and pour into pie crust. Top with crust or crumble topping.Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until crust is golden and filling bubbling.






7 comments:

  1. Yum and yum :D Thank you for sharing the recipe Sarah. I don't bake much, but this might be the exception :) m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great and thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be perfect with my cup of coffee that I'm enjoying right now :) I have some peaches that need used and I can't decide if I want to make a peach pie or peach cobbler....your pie looks so tempting :) Have a lovely day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah, I wanted to say hello to you and introduce myself. My name is Roxy and I saw your sweet picture of your profile on Gina's Blog. I clicked on and I have found a gem. Your sweet Blog has now found a home on my
    Side Bar. I hope to stop in and come along side you in your journey. I so enjoy blogging and it is very sweet to find Blogs that love homemaking and most of all Jesus Christ.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Sarah...and thank you so much for stopping by my blog for a visit! Your recipe book looks so sweet...I have a similar one where I keep a lot of old recipes from my nana. We don't get many peaches up here on the coast of Maine...this time of year is blueberry pie and apple pie season for us! Your pie looks delicious...nothing smells as good as a pie baking in the oven!

    Have a blessed afternoon!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello sarah,
    you have a wonderful blog!the cake looks good....thanks for sharing the recipe.
    blessings regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sarah!

    Your pie looks absolutely delicious!! It is such a beautiful pie, and all the ingredients sound wonderful. This inspires me to want to try putting brown sugar in the next peach pie or cobbler I make. Your lovely post has made me all the more excited for Fall baking also!!

    I also wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my post :) And I love your blog... I scrolled down before commenting here to see your posts and my heart is so delighted by the ones I have seen and your sweet blog and photos. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    Blessings to you,
    Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete