Zucchini Tomato Casserole
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and some of the chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Arrange the zucchini in a greased deep dish pie plate; sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture. Top with tomatoes and remaining cheese mixture.
- In a saucepan, saute rest onion in remaining butter until tender; add bread crumbs and toss to combine. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings
I hope you are enjoying a beautiful and bountiful August. If you too have a lot of zucchini and are running out of recipes that call for zucchinis here is another family favorite: zucchini pancakes. What are your favorite zucchini recipes?