Sunday, September 27, 2015
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
With this season I find myself spending more time in the kitchen as I try new recipes. A couple of recipes I recently discovered are quite interesting. They call for chick peas in place of flour or butter. Both treats were surprisingly delicious! These cookies have become a favorite! The other evening I baked this brownie recipe, and it too was a success. Last night, for dinner, I made popovers to go with our soup. The popover recipe I used was simple and tasty.
To celebrate this first day of autumn I am offering a special sale of 15% off everything in my Etsy shop this week. To take advantage of the special offer use coupon code LILAC15 when checking out.
Monday, September 21, 2015
Cheddar Pear Pie:
- 4 large ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pie shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, sugar, cornstarch and salt; toss gently to coat. Pour into pie shell.
- For topping, combine the cheese, flour, sugar and salt; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cool on a wire rack for 15-20. Serve warm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- I split the recipe between two smaller pie plates, so that I had one to share with my mom. It is a truly delicious recipe; the perfect combination of sweet and salty!