Friday, December 12, 2014

Cozy December Days

 It is hard to believe it has been over a month since my last post, but each week just seems to fly by.I find myself so busily occupied each day with sewing, cooking, cleaning and cuddling my sweet baby that I have little time for anything else. But I thought I would share with you a little of what I have been up to.

This past weekend we decorated our home for Christmas. It was a cozy way to spend the weekend, sipping hot tea, listening to Christmas music, decorating the tree.

I have been quite busy sewing; Mom and I are always swamped with orders this time of year. It is a great feeling to mail out the last of our packages for the season, we are hoping that Monday we will have all of our order completed for shipping. 

Adam and I recently rearranged the furniture in our dining room. I wanted to have enough space for Jemimah's swing. She loves to watch me sew while listing to Christmas music! It is adorable. : ) Her favorite Christmas cd is The Three Tenors, I am not sure why, but she always calms down as soon as I turn it on.
 I have also been enjoying my time cooking in my kitchen. Yesterday I made a big batch of  chicken soup, one of my favorites. From my kitchen window I love to watch the snow fall, the sun set and the birds at the feeder. Some days I have a fantastic variety- woodpeckers, cardinals, juncos, tufted titmice,  chickadees and finches.

In the evenings I might knit. Recently I finished knitting this bonnet for Jemimah. The fit wasn't all that I had hoped for, but thankfully I have enough yarn to knit another with my revised pattern. The yarn I found is so soft, and the color suits Jemimah so nicely. Once I have finished my second bonnet I hope to share more about it.
While I knit Adam will often play the piano. He seems to know all of the Christmas carols, and he plays them beautifully! Jemimah just loves to hear her daddy play; it is precious to see her delight once he begins.
Yesterday I finished reading "The Christmas Cat" by Melody Carlson. I had read a review of this book on Stephanie's blog The Enchanting Rose. I love cats and Christmas books, so I just couldn't resist!I found it to be an enjoyable read.

I hope you are all enjoying a beautiful Christmas season thus far!

Have you read any special Christmas books this season? or do you have a favorite Christmas cd to recommend? How about a special knitting project in the works?

May you have a blessed, and cozy evening!


11 comments:

  1. Hello Dear Sarah, I think the bonnet is so sweet! I have been, enjoying this Month so very much! I have been crocheting granny squares in the evenings.
    I love the glow of the Christmas tree lights and have soft Christmas music playing! I hope we get some more snow as I always want a white Christmas...
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    God Bless, Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, sweet Sarah, and Merry Christmas :) Your home looks so warm and inviting and your Christmas tree is simply lovely.

    You have certainly been busy, my dear. When I read that your precious daughter enjoys her daddy's piano playing I had to smile - what a joy!

    May you have a joyous and blessed Christmas! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah for a beautiful post, your home is so warm & inviting. Jemimah is beautiful, this is going to be a special Christmas for all of you.
    I love the bonnet & the colour of the wool.
    Merry Christmas to you & your family.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. My have you got a lot of snow! :D I love your décor. (Especially your vintage tablecloth.) I'm reading Christmas at Fairacre by Miss Read, not for the first time. Lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks beautiful Sarah! I just love the vintage touches. I'm pausing in my knitting right now to write this, attempting to finish a nearly done Christmas sweater for a church party tomorrow evening! We will see if I finish in time! That bonnet is so sweet- baby things must be a joy to knit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, your home is truly cozy and so, so beautiful! How gorgeous little Jemimah will look in that dear bonnet! Such a sweet time, a baby's first Christmas! From this post I felt like I was actually visiting with you in your dear home... My current favourite Christmas CD is Josh Groban's 'Noel'...

    I simply love to visit your blog! Hope you have a very merry and blessed Christmas! Love, Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that you enjoyed "The Christmas Cat" by Melody Carlson as its on my wish list, so probably won't read it until after Christmas but that doesn't matter. You home looks very cozy and warm :)) keep warm with all that snow outside. Here it is summer and warm so its hard to imagine cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sarah, how lovely that you are enjoying this time with your blessed baby :0) I know that when my sons were little, music tended to truly make them calm... it calms the soul as they say ;0) Have a blessed week! mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to hear an update! It is so fun decorating for Christmas and all the other Christmasy things, your home looks so cosy. Love your pictures, especially the last one. Christmas Blessing to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a joy to read this and feel like I was stepping into the coziest winter painting, from the beautiful snow outside your window to your tree. Your home looks and sounds like the epitome of holiday coziness. Your knitting is so lovely- what a sweet, soft bonnet. I love the color yarn you chose.
    And how fun and fulfilling it must be to fill orders for others with your beautiful creations- no doubt they will enjoy them very much.

    Every one of your photos is brimming with winter cheer and coziness, but I think my favorites are the last and the one with precious Jemimah looking out from her swing.

    Hugs to you, dear friend♥
    ~Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a peaceful and cozy post! I love all the coziness you created in your home :) I also love the bonnet for Jemimah. My daughter always wore bonnets (I think until 3 to church!)...

    Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays also!

    ReplyDelete