Saturday, August 31, 2013

Photos From My Week


The first of our mums to bloom. I just loved the color. It has been fun to watch the blossoming of  different flowers in the gardens around the house. Each month I am surprised by another beautiful, colorful flower that the previous owner of our home planted.


Adam has begun to stack our firewood in the garage . It gives us a nice cozy feeling to prepare for the winter ahead.
 


Laundry I hung out on my line in the side yard by the old garage. Unfortunately the old garage is rather dilapidated, but Adam is planning to tear it down come spring.

I enjoy hanging my laundry outside, it always smells wonderful, like fresh air.


This week I finished reading "Exit Betty" by Grace Livingston Hill. Isn't that a great dust jacket? I thought it looked very dramatic and exciting. "Exit Betty" was quite exciting, I found it hard to put down!



 Wednesday of this week my mom, sisters and I visited one of our favorite little Mennonite fabric shops. While there I purchased these three new fabrics. I thought they would make some lovely aprons for my Etsy shop.


A BLT I made for Adam on homemade sour dough bread. I have had so much fun experimenting with sour dough bread. I will probably post more about it in the future. I made my own starter, and I must say it was a lot easier than I had expected.


And to end this post a photo of the little scrubbie man I purchased Wednesday while fabric shopping. He is waiting in my cupboard until I encounter a truly hard to scrub pan. But until then I have to chuckle each time I open my cupboard and see his smiling face. : )

"The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein." Psalm 24:1


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely week you had Sarah :) Thank you so much for sharing it with me...the fabrics are quite lovely - yes, I do think they will look good as aprons :D m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute fabrics ~ they'll make pretty aprons. I'll have to check the library for "Exit Betty".
    My mums are blooming too! It's a sure sign that wood smoke and hot cocoa time are not far away. :-)
    Blessings,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, quiet pictures from your week.
    Mutch blessings for the next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for stopping by! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet Sarah! I just wanted to thank you for the many kind and thoughtful comments you leave on my blog - you are a joy and your comments always bring a smile to my face :) I just read your comment about you having a similar hanging towel - how neat! They must have been popular back in our Grandmother's day :)

    Thank you, sweet friend, for being a blessing. Have a beautiful day!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sarah,
    Just stopping by for a visit...I was visiting Stephanie's blog and saw your sweet comment. You have such a lovely blog...and I was so blessed to notice how much we seem to have in common! The woodpile, the clothesline, the sewing, the pie baking...and Grace Livingston Hill! I will be back to visit again soon...

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete