A few new Regency dresses.....
A colonial dress...
rose print apron...
"Sense and Sensibility". plus more. : )
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Saturday, August 11, 2012
I thought that today I would share two of my special vintage finds. Above is a photo of a tablecloth I found at an antique shop last year. I love blue and white and I thought this would look so very pretty with tea and cookies displayed on it!
I love the hand embroidery, and admire all the work that someone put into it.
I found this tablecloth recently at a weekly craft market, called the Windmill. I thought what a perfect keepsake from a really fun day, especially considering the lovely hand embroidered windmills.
Oh, this dutch theme is just so cute! The details are so pretty.
I am now inspired to make a hand embroidered tablecloth of my own. Once I get started I will post photos. : )
Monday, August 6, 2012
Here is the recipe we use for zucchini pancakes. I found it last year on the Taste of Home website and it has become a real summer time favorite.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Combine the zucchini, egg, onion and mayonnaise; stir into dry ingredients until well blended.
"You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance." Psalm 65:11